Researching and using the keywords strategically in your web pages can greatly improve the ranking. Stuffing the similar keywords may result in the ban of your website from the search engines. It is suggested that the first 90 characters of your web page should have at least one of your targeted keywords.
The most important consideration to know for using the keyword is the keywords density. The keywords density refers to the number of times a particular keyword is used in the text. Keyword density is one of the ranking factors that determine that whether a web page is relevant to a specified keyword or key phrase. With the following resources you can check the density of the keywords.
- • Textalyser.com
- • TagCrowd.com
Some of the best places to use your targeted keywords include the followings.
- • Page Title
- • Meta Description
- • Meta Keywords
- • Image Alt Text
- • Comments Tag
- • URL
- • Headings
- • Sub Headings
- • Within Links (Anchor Text)
- • Paragraphs
The following tips are helpful in using the keywords on your web pages.
- • Use your targeted keyword at least once in your page’s title.
- • Use your targeted keyword once in the Meta description and Meta keywords tag.
- • Your use targeted keyword once in the first 100 words of your text.
- • Depending upon the amount of the text on the page, you should use your targeted keyword at least 4 times in a web page.
- • If you are using images on your web page, add your keywords in the image’s title.
- • Interlink your web pages with each other and use your targeted keywords in the links.